Chronos Glass: Greyscale
Chronos Glass: Greyscale addresses the ‘small 4K’ and 8K class of projection systems where some optical trade-offs are most challenging, particularly with laser-phosphor illumination.
Our new greyscale technology has been developed in-house to provide blend masks that have genuine “variable density”, opening up new options and combinations of projector and display types. Artifact-free projected throughput is achieved to result in perfect blends and even hot-spot correction in rear-projected display environments.
- True variable density blend regions, eliminating diffraction blurring and interaction with mask patterns.
- Compatible with laser-phosphor and LED light source projectors.
- Lifetime greater than 20,000 hours with typical simulation scene content.
- Introducing a new feature: hot-spot correction, which can be of particular benefit with some display layouts and screen types where there is a large luminance variation. By performing the majority of this correction optically there is much reduced impact on artifacts such as contouring that may be caused by applying digital uniformity correction.
- Suitable for highly complex systems.